Monday, January 20, 2014

Above Eleven

Nick and I went to dinner at "Snapper", a New Zealand restaurant in Nana (that's what the BTS station is called, anyway). The restaurant had good food (a nice break from Asian cuisine, anyway) and the area we were in was awesome.

When we went exploring after dinner, on the lookout for a place for dessert and drinks, we turned down a darker street and almost turned back, but then I saw the sign for "Above Eleven", a rooftop bar recommended by one of our more adventurous friends. And we were dressed well enough so we took the elevator up (it's on the 37th floor, no idea why it's called Above Eleven).

The bar was awesome. The view was great, the drinks were pretty good, and the Peruvian Asian cuisine is supposedly really delicious (we split a Tres Leches cake and I have to admit that was the best Tres Leches I've ever had). It was a bit expensive, and we were really lucky to get a table- we were expecting to sit at the bar. Service was pretty disappointing but I think that's standard in most Asian restaurants. 

View of Bangkok from Above Eleven

How Nick looks at a fancy bar

How I look at a fancy bar

(But don't I look like the squid Doctor guy from Futurama?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment