Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pod hotel room ! Kyoto

My minor claustrophobia wouldn't let me stay in a 'capsule' hotel- one where you get just enough space for a bed, so it's like you're an astronaut with 3 feet of ceiling- but I DID get a capsule on the female floor of the 'First Class' hotel. 

(It's designed to feel like flying first class- everything is decorated / laid out like an airplane, and they even give you a little 'safety instruction' brochure at check in.

Your space = just enough room for a bed ('business class') or a little extra for a bedside table ('first class'). I had an insider deal from Agoda and it turned out to be the same price...
$23/ night, which is cheaper than most hostels I'm staying at.

Rows and rows of 'cabins' 

They even give you PJs to wear (I refuse) and a toothbrush!

No English channels on the TV, though, unless you buy their video on demand package for a couple US movies- $10/ night. Which, you know, I paid, at least for day one. After 5 nights of hostels and night activities, this girl needs a night in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment