Thursday, April 24, 2014

The little things : coconuts

Living in Laos is - more often than not- pretty awesome, and I'm usually the most appreciative of my geographical position in SE Asia when I get to travel. Weekend trips to Bangkok or Angkor Wat are freaking sweet, and I love being able to see new things and experience so much so close to our 'home'.

That being said, I often don't take the time to notice the awesome, amazing little things that I can do in Laos. 

Example: Nick and I bought lunch across the street from work yesterday. We both had chicken Phad Thai (and Phad Thai is still one of my most favorite foods), and he had a coke. Altogether it was $3.50.

And another cafe across the street just started selling fresh young coconuts. 


It was a dollar. AND I didn't even try to haggle.

Isn't coconut water like $5 at Whole Foods ?

No comments:

Post a Comment