Sunday, April 6, 2014

Getting ready for a Lao wedding

Yesterday evening the work group went to the wedding of our office admin's sister, which was awesome. 

Our admin arranged for the Fast 'wives' and I to get our hair and make up done at a salon near Guru Shop- it took about 2 hours (2 stylists doing hair/ makeup for 4 women) and cost 200,000kip (or $26) per person. I found a hairstyle and makeup coloring online that I thought would help "guide" the stylists (the salon is a popular one with the Lao women, but I don't know how often they style for white women).


The make-up and hair was a bit bigger than I was expecting- they used false eyelashes, which was weird. 

It was a lot of fun getting ready with the "Fast wives" :) Kind of like getting ready for prom!

Big poofy hair went well with my old-timey sunglasses though.

Big eyes, big hair; make-up done Asia-style!

The wedding color was pink- I would've loved to had an outfit/ sinh made but I just didn't have enough time.


No comments:

Post a Comment