Monday, June 17, 2013

Bugs in and around my mouth

There are a lot of bugs in Laos. Maybe I just notice them more here ? 

But today I got an iced mocha and walked back to the office with it- I take a sip and notice something chewy. 'Yay!' I think, 'there's fudge / chocolate swirls in this!' 
Alas, my curiosity gets the best of me, so I spit out the chewiness into my hand. Chewy chocolate goodness becomes less delicious when you see that it has legs. 

Friday lunchtime our Lao counterparts brought lunch to share with us. This lunch included silkworms- if you've never had silkworms, I don't recommend them. They are very much like gushers, in the juice-filled sense, except that instead of fruit, it tastes like fish sauce, and instead of juice-filled insides, it's literally worm guts. 
The wet, sticky feeling from your fingers is pretty similar, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment