Monday, July 15, 2013

Flying home: Seoul

My college friend Shane lives outside Seoul so - awesome guy that he is- he picked me up from the airport and showed me around the area he lives in. Wayyyy better than spending my 12 hr layover in the Incheon airport (tho it is a nice airport, and has great wifi). 

K-pop band: I took a pic of the fans. No idea who the Band is.

Skyscrapers! After Vientiane it's kind of mind blowing. So tall!

Shane's from California so he needs an umbrella.

I FREAKED out. 'Omg is that a store of just chocolate?!' 'What? No, Katie, it's like a minimart.'

Lunch was had at this amazing Korean BBQ place that I was super impressed by- we were the only white people and the food was incredible. You grill it in front of you- awesomeness.

Since we're classy, Shane ordered two beers and a bottle of Soju (which is kind of like vodka) with our lunch. Shane's a big dude so he had no problem but 1 beer and 3 shots in I was feeling it. Like, high-five-ing screener guys at the airport security gate 'feeling it'. Dang my lowered tolerance!


Either a penis or middle finger monument near the airport, we were debating. Either way it's pointing toward N Korea, so it has to be one of the two. 


No comments:

Post a Comment