Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Beginning of the "Not So Quiet American" Blog

My company needed people to go to Laos for a three year assignment, and I instantly jumped at the opportunity.  Nick, my awesome boyfriend who works for the same company I do, was more cautious. 

It started with an email from our boss. The gist of the email: "We (the company) just got a new contract for a project in Laos. The assignment is three years. Anyone want to go?"

Nick hadn't moved from Louisiana yet, and he was supposed to join me in Wisconsin a week later. I called him (in my excitement, email was too slow), freaking out and begging him to sign up with me.  While not jumping off the walls like I was, Nick was excited, but wanted a couple of hours to think about it. I promised to give him some time to think about it before we would email our respective bosses.

Three hours later, he called me. "Yeah, that sounds fun! Let's sign up for Laos."
I had emailed my boss in WI "our" interest in going approx. 2 hours and 56 minutes before I got Nick's phone call.

1 comment:

  1. Of course you would be the instigator. And now I know it is your fault the Bulls lost its best defender. Shame Katie. You are lucky I still love you.

    ReplyDelete